2004 -> News -> HomeHome
Cette page en français

News and observation reports, March 2004:

Some of the UFO observations and ufology news in March 2004 are listed on this page. Please note that these are not studies, but second hand observation reports, although mostly obtained from reliable and well known sources.


An unidentified flying object which "shone and girated" was seen during several minutes at the dawn of Monday above the waters of Rio of Plata close to the city of the same name, said the Argentinian Air Force on the basis of various testimonies of people in the vicinity who called them. The comodoro Guillermo Losada, chief of press of the air forces, stressed that "several people" alerted them on the presence of this flying object. He added that its existence could not be officially confirmed his existence by air controllers of the airport or testimonies of pilots, since at this time there there were no flights in the area. "Apparently there was visual observation but we cannot confirm of which type was the observed object" added Losada in a press meeting. Losada indicated that "it really caught the attention," which was indicated by people of the vicinity, and added "we do not want to discard what may be a phenomenon that should be studied." "People agreed that it was a flying object which shone and girated, during several minutes, until it disappeared," added the spokesman.


Ciel de St-Rémi, Quebec

Date: March 19, 2004
Time: Approx: 8:50 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 2
Number of objects: 1
Shape of object: Oval light

Around 8:50 p.m. on March 19 2004, my husband and I noticed a very luminous object in the sky. We got out of the house to get a better view. It was oval shaped, almost elongated, very luminous and stationary. The object was mainly white but it was flashing very rapidly from white to red, and sometimes a pale blue. My husband saw very small beams of light coming off the sides. It was still stationary but around 9:40, from where we were, we saw a plane approaching the object and it suddenly moved away. Then it disappeared. We listened intently and the object made no noise. For my part, it's my second strange sighting. The first time was in Texas in 1980. I would like to be contacted by email if you have any question. Thank you.

Thank you to the witness for the report.

Brian Vike, Director
HBCC UFO Research
Home - Phone 250 845 2189
email: hbccufo@telus.net
Website: http://www.hbccufo.com

Regrettably there is no apparent size estimate for the light in the report.


On Wednesday, March 17, 2004, at 7:02 p.m., the witness was outdoors in Dillonvale, Ohio a town on Route 152 about 15 miles north of Wheeling, West Virginia, when he saw a UFO.

He reported, "I, my son and a friend witnessed a very large black object hovering in the eastern sky, approximately 45 degrees due east. The object was at 2,000 to 3,000 feet (600 to 900 meters)" in altitude, "hovering still with the breaks in the passing low-level clouds we had last night. For about two minutes in duration, the object was perfectly still (as I could see the passing clouds moving), and then it slowly moved due east and, within 30 seconds, disappeared into the clouds around 30 degrees above the horizon. There were no lights whatsoever on the object, and the object made no sound."

"Judging from where I was viewing the object," the witness added, "I would guesstimate that it was directly over the Kenwood Mall/Madeira area and moved due east after that."

Thanks to Ohio ufologist Kenny Young for this report.


On Thursday, March 11, 2004, a witness in Clifton, Ohio "reported a high 'star-like' object that had unusual brightness, thought at first to be a satellite traversing a good portion of the sky at a routine clip until the object undertook a 90-degree banking maneuver. Size of the object was 'star-like.' No sound heard. Viewed about straight overhead," and its final direction of departure was to the northwest.

"The object was seen near the intersection of Vestry and Straight Streets near the Deaconness Hospital" in Clifton.

Thanks to ufologist Kenny Young for the report.


On Thursday, March 11, 2004, at 2 a.m., Matti A. was at her home on Bainbridge Island in the USA's state of Washington when she saw a UFO approach from the east across Puget Sound.

"I was standing inside my house in front of the door," Matti reported, "I glanced up at the sky and saw a very bright blue elliptical shape with a bright white light bordering the shape."

"The object almost instantly disappeared after shooting from the right of my (field of) vision to the left of my vision. I instantly thought that it was a comet or a falling satellite, but there was no tail or trail, except for a very brief light trail. It winked out extremely quickly."

"The object was around an inch or more long, as I saw it in the sky, which means it had to have been traveling in the earth's atmosphere. The color and brightness of the object were completely stunning, like nothing I've ever seen in the sky. The object was about an inch and a quarter or an inch and a half long as I saw it. Its speed was incredibly fast, and it was gone almost instantaneously."

Thanks to Joseph Trainor, UFOroundup, for the Email Form Report.

Note: Meteors have been seen in the US in these days.


On Tuesday, March 9, 2004, at 9:44 a.m., a building's security webcam picked up bright sun flashes over Bahia Guaiba just south of the seaport city. As the objects closed in, they were "clearly identifiable as silver spheres, flying in formation."

The two UFOs made a single pass over the center of Porto Alegre, capital of the state of Rio Grande do Sul in the South of Brazil, and then made a long curving turn to the east, north of Viamao airport, heading towards the South Atlantic.

Thanks to Eustaquio for this report.


On Saturday, March 6, 2004, at 11:44 p.m., eyewitness Marek reported, "A friend and I were sitting and chatting in our lounge" in Riviera Pretoria Gauteng, South Africa, "looking outside northwards, and I pointed out what I thought was a flare. It grew brighter but remained motionless, without a flare's usual downward path. It then abruptly faded and moved off to the east in a perfectly straight line. We lost sight of it as it moved behind the mountains."

Marek described the UFO as "like a flare, bright white, then yellow. Round. Brightness faded too quickly for a flare. Then it moved off at maybe 1,200 kilometers per hour (720 miles per hour--J.T.) by our distance estimate." (Email Form Report)

Thanks to Joseph Trainor, UFO ROUNDUP, Volume 9 Number 10.

Feedback  |  Top  |  Back  |  Forward  |  Map  |  List |  Home

This page was last updated on April 17, 2005