News and observation reports, April 2003:

Some of the UFO observations and ufology news in April 2003 are listed on this page. Please note that these are not studies, but second hand observation reports, although mostly obtained from reliable and well known sources.


On Wednesday, April 30,03, at 10 p.m., Jason Davis was at his home in Medina, Ohio (population 25,139), a small town on Routes 3 and 18 approximately 28 miles (45 kilometers) south of Cleveland, when "my wife yelled downstairs to me to look out the window toward the back of the house."

"It was a generally clear night with the moon almost full and also in the southern sky but almost overhead," he recalled, "There was a light in the sky that seemed to not blink or move or resemble a plane at all from that distance, which was approximately 10 to 20 miles (16 to 32 kilometers) away. The light seemed to be coming towards us at about the same speed as a low-flying jet aircraft would."

"I looked at it through binoculars and was surprised at what I saw, so I grabbed the digital camera and tried to get a couple of good pictures. I'm not a pro. I just fired off a couple photos without using the flash or trying to turn on the digital zoom."

"I must admit that the lights had a more defined shape when viewed through the binoculars than the photo, but it is interesting looking. The object never seemed to change speed or direction, and it was in view for about two minutes. It left no trail, but a jet that went by a few minutes later left a very obvious trail in the intense moonlight."

Thanks to Joe Trainor, UFOroundup, for this Email Form Report.


SIMFEROPOL' -- Anton Anfalov, Ukrainian UFO Association writes, "On Saturday, April 30, 2003, at 8:45 PM, while standing on the Lenin Square and talking with my friend, Mr.V. Zdorov, we noticed several bright flashes of white-silver and of ruby red colors to the northeast. This was definitely neither airplane nor satellite, because the flashes were short, stationary, and with a big time lag (2-5 minutes) between them indicating that the flashes were from a hovering object."

Thanks to George Filer and Anton Anfalov.


On Tuesday, April 29, 2003, at 2:30 a.m., trucker Steve Goldman was driving on Interstate Highway I-40 through Moriarty, New Mexico (population 1,765), located 34 miles (55 kilometers) east of Albuquerque, when he noticed a strange blue flying object passing overhead.

"As I approached Moriarty from the east on I-40, the object zipped into view in my front windshield," Steve reported, "It was a bright, light blue, fluorescent color, lozenge-shaped, and it was descending at a 15-degree angle from the horizon. It appeared to be descending after passing over Sandia Peak."

"The craft was oriented parallel to the horizon, but it was descending. It was about the size of a hot dog (large sausage--J.T.) held at arm's length, so it was quite close. When it passed about 1,000 feet (300 meters) overhead, the front part of the craft flickered, then the object 'turned off' and disappeared from view."

This was Steve's second sighting of a blue UFO over Sandia Peak in recent months. (Email Form Report)

(Joe Trainor's Note: The Sandia Labs, the USA's top-secret nuclear reseach facilities, are located in this area.)

(My note: ... and let me add that those guys at the Sandia Labs like my PC a lot.)

Thanks to Joe Trainor, UFOroundup, and to Steve.


DES PLAINES -- The witness reports seeing a large object in the night skies April 28, 2003, on a humid and hot clear night near Elk Grove. He explains, "the object was bright, big, triangular and it came real close to me and after about 20 seconds it just disappeared at 10:30 PM. My friend, my brother and my two sisters saw it as it took off real fast. It flew northeast into a clear sky. Ten minutes later it came back once again and it was the same thing, but now there were two flying triangles. We got a better look the second time and it appeared to me as a UFO or an alien type object."

Thanks to Peter Davenport, NUFORC.


WATERFORD -- A bright light appeared in the sky on April 28, 2003, above the Waterford area. "It was too early in the evening to be a star, but that's exactly what it looked like. At first I thought it was a reflection of an aircraft as it was a bright evening but it suddenly disappeared and a minute later reappeared in a slightly different location. There were some clouds around but not in this area of the sky. It was moving in a westerly direction at 7 PM."

Thanks to George Filer and NUFORC.


On Monday, April 28, 2003, at 9:45 p.m., Laurie M. was outdoors at her home in Rowlett, Texas (population 44,503), located on Lake Ray Hubbard 15 miles (25 kilometers) northeast of Dallas, when she sighted some strange lights in the sky.

"Two white lighted objects were going round and round in circles as if they were playing tag," Laurie reported, "At times, one would pass the other. This went on for approximately 20 minutes. Their speed was incredible, and these were perfectly consistent circles."

"The white lights were above the clouds, with an occasional break in the clouds where you could see the object itself. The two UFOs departed to the west. Then my husband called a local television station" to report the sighting.

Thanks Joe trainor, UFOroudup, for publishing this Email Form Report. Joe's comment: And look who else was in Texas at the time of the sighting in Rowlett! (See underneath.)


Joe Trainor of UFOroundup reports that the mysterious van, which bears the website address for UFO Roundup, put in a surprise appearance in eastern Texas at the same time two UFOs were seen over Rowlett, near Dallas.

The ultra-modern white van, which is not owned by either UFO Roundup or UFOINFO, has been seen on several occasions since early 1999. Appearances of the vehicle are rare, and its owners and operators are unknown. The vehicle is distinctive because of its dark upholstered interior, its dashboard full of high-tech electronic equipment and its small dish antennas sprouting from the roof.

The van was last seen in southern Arizona last year. Its previous appearances have been in the USA's states of Texas, Georgia, North Carolina, California, Mississippi, Tennessee, Michigan and Arizona.

On Saturday, May 3, 2003, Dorothy Hamilton contacted UFOINFO webmaster John Hayes and reported, "I live in Winnie, Texas and, for the past few days, I've seen a big van with satellite (dishes) and (electronic) equipment. I had just returned from a trip to the UFO Museum in Roswell, New Mexico."

"I'm very interested to know why they are here, and if they might need anything while in town. I own a restaurant just south of Winnie (population 2,914) called Skip's Outrageous Bar and Grille. They can come in and check out our UFO signs and posters and fill us in."

Commenting on the sighting, UFO Roundup editor Joseph Trainor said, "I can categorically state that neither John Hayes nor I have been in Texas recently. That is not our white van. I have no idea who it belongs to or why it carries our website address."

Dorothy added that the van "had Georgia license plates" and had the logo http://ufoinfo.com/roundup in black letters.

"If any of our USA readers spot the mysterious white van, please write down the license number and make a note of which state issued the license plates," Trainor added, "Then please email us at Masinaigan@aol.com. This van has been wandering around the USA for almost five years now. We would really like to get to the bottom of this mystery." (Many thanks to John Hayes for this report.) (Note: Since writing to Joe I have had another reply from Dorothy and she states that the van is gray not white - John Hayes.)


On Saturday, April 26, 2003, at 08 p.m., "two residents of Simferopol, Alexei and Aleksandr Zavus, from the yard of their home in the 'original downtown'" of the millenia-old Crimean city, "observed an unusual object in the southwestern part of the sky, not far from the star Sirius."

"Suddenly, the 'bright white star,' brighter than even Sirius, appeared high in the sky after a flash. It was hovering for several seconds, slowly moving, and then suddenly faded away, like an electric lamp being shut off."

Many thanks to Anton A. Anfalov and Joe Trainor, UFOroundup, for this report.


CHOCTAWHATCHEE BAY, IN WALTON COUNTY -- "I was facing north looking at Legion Park on Choctawhatchee Bay on April 26,03. There is a security light in the park that has a bluish/white light on a telephone pole and almost directly over the security light was an orange ball. The orange ball was just slightly larger than the security light but much further away at 8:35 PM. It appeared to be over the middle of the bay. I watched it for about five minutes during which time it did not move. It was much larger than a planet or star but not nearly as large as a full moon would have appeared that close to the horizon. It did not appear to be a flare as it was stationary in the sky and it did not appear to be burning. I went inside to get my wife and when I returned it was gone."

Thanks to Peter Davenport, NUFORC.


ATLANTA -- The witness says: "The saucer was flying south, parallel to I-75 While riding north through Atlanta on I-75, on April 26, 2003. I noticed an object just below the clouds and flying south at 5 PM. At first I thought it was a plane until it rotated and it did not have wings that I could see. Having observed planes flying into the Atlanta airport all afternoon, this object stood out because of the altitude it was flying, and its size, which was smaller than a plane would have been. After observing this for thirty seconds, it went west, and that was the last I saw of it.

Thanks to Peter Davenport, NUFORC.


On Saturday, April 26, 2003, at 10:00 p.m., three friends camping outdoors in Gleason, Wisconsin, sitting around a campfire in the middle of 6,000 acres of wilderness, spotted a UFO.

"One of my friends was looking around for shooting stars when he yelled, 'Did you see that!?'" We both turned and looked in the same direction he was and almost immediately saw what he had just seen. It was a flash of greenish white light that rolled up from the bottom (horizon) of the southern sky about as wide as our vision and continued to almost above our heads. All three of us had never seen anything like this, and half-expected to hear a nuclear-type explosion somewhere in the world in that direction. It was completely silent, occurred two times and approximately two seconds long in between."

Thanks to John and Jenny Hope of UFO Wisconsin for these reports.


On Saturday, April 26, 2003, at 10:35 p.m., in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, a city located 86 miles (137 kilometers) north-northwest of Milwaukee, the male witness reported, "I was taking my dogs outside, and I always look up in the sky. I saw a dimly-lit, diamond- shaped object above my head and a little to the south. It looked gray but dimly lit. It was moving at an incredible speed, much faster than a jet. It took only five seconds from the time I first saw it to reach the eastern horizon and out of sight. There was no noise and no flashing lights of any kind. The sky was clear. It moved in a straight line at great speed. If you held a dime at arm's length, it would kind of fit in the middle of it, with the diamond points touching the edges."

Thanks to John and Jenny Hope of UFO Wisconsin for these reports.


On Saturday, April 26, 2003, Daniel M. was walking home in Costa Mesa, California (population 108,724), about 110 miles (166 kilometers) southeast of Los Angeles when he spied a UFO.

"My wife and I were walking home in Costa Mesa," he reported, "When we arrived there, I noticed three lights in the sky. They were either very tiny or very far away. They seemed very high up in altitude. Then they had moved to a different pattern."

One UFO moved a little closer to him, he added. "I called out my wife's parents to see the sight, which they did. The only color which we could see was that of the lights. And when they got farther away, they seemed to resemble stars in the sky. An indication to me that they were very high up in altitude."

Many thanks to Joe trainor, UFO Roundup, for the Email Form Reports.


On Thursday, April 24, 2003, "a disk-shaped UFO was seen hovering over the highway of Evpatoriyskoye, northwest of Simferopol's outskirts, near the turn that leads to the Feliks Dzerzhinskiy collective farm."

Many thanks to Anton A. Anfalov and Joe Trainor, UFOroundup, for this report.


On Wednesday, April 23, 2003, eyewitness Lenura A. Azizova, 53, "since 1991 a resident of Simferopol," capital of the Crimea (also known as the Krym Autonomous Republic in the Ukraine - J.T.) "stepped out of her house at No. 13 Zapadnaya Street into her yard, and suddenly she noticed a bright flash in the sky and a pulsating light in the middle of the constellation Auriga. The light was very bright, looking like an electric lamp."

"The object, according to Mrs. Azizova, was pulsating constantly with red, violet, yellow and white colors. It was moving in a zigzagging trajectory, up and down through the sky. Definitely neither a satellite nor an airplane. The object was totally soundless. After five minutes of observation, she lost it from sight as the object flew away."

Many thanks to Anton A. Anfalov and Joe Trainor, UFOroundup, for this report.


SANDPOINT -- The witness reports, "While riding my motorcycle north toward Sandpoint on Highway 95 at 11:45 PM, on April 23, 2003, a very bright, aqua colored, round object with an extremely long trail caught my attention, as it came across the sky traveling from east to west and downward in a fashion that suggested it would impact the ground. I expected to see a flash or perhaps feel a jolt from the event but neither occurred. It was simply there and gone. The color was quite remarkable and unlike anything I have ever witnessed."

Thanks to Peter Davenport, NUFORC.


LINCOLN -- On April 22, 2003, around 4 PM, the witness was skating outside the Lincolnshire College and noticed a small dot in the sky above the South Common. He states, "I looked at the object thinking that it was a distant approaching plane, but the object stayed stationary and moved side ways and upwards like no other aircraft I have seen. My friends who were also with me saw this object, but they thought it was a kite, but the object was about half a mile away and was flying too high to be a kite. The object stayed there for about 15 minutes."

Thanks to NUFORC.


During the evening hours of Tuesday, April 22, 2003, Carlos Magno was outside at his home in Sao Mateus, a small city in the north of Espiritu Santo state in eastern Brazil. He saw a formation of bright lights approaching from the west, "which halted and hovered, then returned in the same direction from which they came. Astronomers said they were 'meteors.'"

A few hours earlier, in Santana da Boa Vista, in the state of Rio Grande do Sul, eyewitness Joao Arapecido "saw a daylight disk hovering over the Cerra do Cantareira (hill)."

The same afternoon, at Taquaritinga, in the state of Sao Paulo, "a high school teacher saw an object which appeared to be a silvery flying disc. This object made a series of zigzagging motions as it flew across the blue sky."

Thanks to Jonas Marcelo A. Coelho of LEONI for the report and to Joe Trainor, UFOroundup, for forwarding.


Vicky Weagle, in last week's Filer's Files reported, "Last night, April 22, 2003, I was told about a sighting where a UFO was landing in the field near a witnesses house in Michigan. He saw a green flashing light move closer to his position and apparently land. Vicky has again interviewed the witness known as fightclubmonkey: "Who now claims, to tell the truth, it was my friend who was telling me that this happened to him, but later he told me he was joking."

Thanks to: Vicky Weagle aka/UFOOpenline

Gerge Filer's Editor's Note: "Investigators were preparing to spend a great deal of their own money and time to investigate this landing report. Fortunately, Vicky found out the truth before this happened. The public is often unaware that all funding for investigation is provided by the investigators themselves. I'm sorry to say, that I'm not aware of any UFO organization that has more resources than my local Riviera Pizza Restaurant."

Thanks to George A. Filer, Filer's Files.


COLLEGE STATION - On April 20, 2003, the witness was standing outside under cloudy skies when he spotted a craft moving south to north at 11:43 PM. The eyewitness states, "The craft was very large with white lights along the leading edge; and the distance from wing tip to wing tip was roughly 250 to 300 feet. It was moving at rapid pace for 3 - 4 seconds below the cloud cover and turned due east maintaining shape and configuration and vanished without making any sound as it flew into the clouds."

Thanks to Peter Davenport, NUFORC.


On Saturday, April 19, 2003, eyewitness Brenda and her family were camping out in a wooded area off Rasor Road in Baker, California (population 1,030), located about 180 miles (288 kilometers) east-northeast of Los Angeles, when they spotted a UFO.

"I was sitting down at the campfire, facing the west, when I noticed a bright light moving in my direction. It waited and, spiralling, going back and forth, from side to side, it continued on. It was almost like a radio- controlled object or a satellite. It was moving just too much in the 30 minutes that I watched it with three other people at the campfire."

Soon other objects joined the first, Brenda added, "They were all hovering and appeared to be big/bright stars, yet they all had red/green lights flashing towards the top rear of them. The objects moved in my direction, then waited. There was no noise from any of them, but they just seemed to bounce around" at speeds "which were too fast for any helicopter or plane."

The first UFO "vanished behind the sand ridge" in the Devil's Playground region of the Mojave National Preserve, "where an old abandoned house was. It turned itself off, not to be seen again. Shortly thereafter, the other two objects seemed to have disappeared. The formation of these objects seemed to have been in a half-circular position with some equal distance between them."

"This is the first time I have ever seen anything like this," she added, "in the five years we've been going camping."

Many thanks to Joe trainor, UFO Roundup, for the Email Form Reports.


CUCHILLO CO -- TV producer Francisco Fazio, reports there are many animals being mutilated in Cuchillo-Co, La Pampa. Some farmers and producers of the town of Lihuel Calel are upset by the repeated bovine animal mutilations on their farms. A young producer who has her field near Provincial Route 13, says, "I have had cattle mutilations since April 2002, right up to April 13, 2003, of this year without interruption." All Argentinean provinces have cattle mutilations with the same characteristics. "In 15 days I had six fat young black cows mutilated in a very good field with last occurring on Tuesday only 500 meters from the street and 4 kilometers from my house. On Friday, in General Acha there were similar mutilations. "They have perfect cauterized cuts of the testicles and vagina. It's very strange because there are strong shocks on the body, similar to a hot fire." "These are no natural disease causes, no dogs, no native people of La Pampa, no mouses, or natural disease, causing this economic damnation. It's a big problem, say the farmers."

Thanks to Maj. George A. Filer, Ret., FilersFiles.


George Filer writes: "During the last several years, George W. Ritter has taken numerous photographs of various types of flying cigars, saucers and strange looking craft. These are almost always moving at high speed and difficult to determine their exact size and dimensions. Similar vehicles have been captured on video indicating the UFOs are moving at tremendous speed. The foreground remains in focus indicating this is not caused by camera movement. Photos can be seen in views: Filer's Files UFO Center Views."

Thanks to Maj. George A. Filer, Ret., FilersFiles.


On April 17, 2003, the witnesses spotted a fast moving light or disk flying horizontally to the right and then to the left. It was Good Thursday at 8:05 PM, AM. It is unknown where they went to. When it was first observed about 60 degrees high in the southern sky, it was moving in a shaky manner. It began to go away, but then came towards the land side. The object was luminous with a green/blue color and beam. After about three seconds it began to run towards the opposite side. It flew higher and flew to its highest point, moved to both the right and left sides and suddenly disappeared.

Thanks to Peter Davenport, NUFORC.


The witness communicates to me by eMail on 04.18.2003 the following observation in Tours, France:

"Hello, I regularly visit your web site to consult information on UFOs without believing in it too much, but yesterday evening at 10:30 P.M. I made an odd observation, I thought that you may be interested:"

"It all started at about 10:15 P.M., my sister comes downstairs to see me and tells that a golden object is making "wild" manoeuvers in the sky and that "it fell," in the beginning I did not believe it, finally I go upstairs to look at it from the window but I do not see anything, my sister says that it left and she goes downstairs again."

"At the end of the quarter of an hour of observation a huge golden object suddenly appears coming from nowhere at the place indicated by my sister, I had the impression it showed up as to saying "you are looking for me? There I am!" I went down the steps on all four to show it to my sister, but when we arrived upstairs nothing anymore! I wanted to remain to re-examine it but my sister was afraid and she wanted that we close the shutters."


The witness emails to me on April 16:

"On April 16th 2003 @ about 9:40 p.m. I was driving on the north side of San Fernando east bound when i looked up and i saw two orange lights looking right over the Burbank airport. I pulled over and looked for about 8 minutes i made sure there was no other lights next to them, like red blue or white to indicate that they could have been an air plane or helicopter. They were very close to each other, and were not blinking but they would get lighter and darker in intensity they seemed to stay in the same place. I did not hear noise coming from them, but one of them started to move more than the other, and then it just faded away. Then the other other one started to move also as if looking for the other one. It moved back and fourth, but very little up and down. Then that one also disapeared. I drove home which is only a couple of blocks away. When i got out of my car i looked up again for a while and my neighbor noticed that I was looking up and asked me if i had seen something. I told him what I saw and he said he also saw the same thing. Him and his wife had just gotten home from Jack in the Box and said some people saw it there too. I watched the news that night, and i heard there was a blimp in the air but that was no blimp. Please let me know if you have heard anything. Thank you."

Thanks to this witness.


On Sunday, April 13, 2003, at 1:45 a.m., eyewitness M. Kennedy was outdoors in his hometown of Port Hastings, Nova Scotia, Canada when he saw an unusual light in the sky approaching from the northwest.

"There were about three lights in a triangular pattern, with blinking lights that were constantly changing colours," he reported, "The object itself was black. The lights were flying along in a triangular pattern. They seemed to be lozenge-shaped. They were at 15,000 feet and going at about 700 miles per hour."

Thanks to Joe trainor, UFOroundup, for this Email Form Report.


MERIWETHER COUNTY -- The witness reports, "on Sunday, April 13, 2003, my brother and his wife were driving in my Ford Explorer on a Highway 41. We left the town of Warm Springs, and headed northwest to Greenville on a two lane road that is very isolated rural road. At the "blink of an eye," a hoard of bright red lights manifested inside my SUV. I panicked initially, and slowed my speed to around 30 miles per hour. I felt some sense of security as I had two passengers with me. My sister-in-law yelled out, "Pull over, are those police lights?" There was no police car and no other activity. It was 9:15 PM, there were hundreds of extremely erratic small red strobing lights. Some had short laser-like beam qualities as might be seen in some high-end disco club. All three of us announced we were all experiencing this event. I felt this was not of this World! My sister-in-law was in a panorama of bright red lights, in the back seat, but none of the lights were in the trunk area. The same lights were on my brother's feet and legs, the floor board was a hue of red. I looked out the window and over the dash board onto the hood and did not see any activity outside. This event lasted about 20 seconds and ceased, as quick as the onset, when a vehicle appeared in the distance."

Thanks to Peter Davenport, NUFORC, www.ufocenter.com

More in this June 2003 newspaper article.


Jean-Luc, a photographer, writes:

"Hi there"

"I have found your website by chance..."

"I am a photographer, and tonight I was scanning pictures I recently took in France (40 miles east of Toulouse), and on one of them I saw a funny thing."

"Check on my website: http://www.bjl.org.uk (News section) or:

"Thank you in advance!"

Webmaster note: it is of course difficult to assess the nature of the object: an extraterrestrial spacecraft? an aircraft from our planet? A seagull? A bird nesting in the tower? Something else?


GISBORNE CITY -- On Saturday, April 12, 2003, Laurence Fleming reports that around 11:50 PM, there was occasional cloud cover. My wife had been outside our home and spotted this object and watched for about 15 minutes. The object displayed a red to green, and yellow color pattern, alternating frequently to blue as well. The object was very bright in appearance and hovered in one particular part of the sky. My wife called me, and I grabbed my new 10 X 50 binoculars focusing in on this very distinct multi color light in the sky. I told her, "That thing's some sort of craft." A spaceship or whatever was hovering in close proximity, at low in altitude, with a very distinct shape. After several minutes of observing this craft, it suddenly vanished and then to our amazement, suddenly reappeared further away in the sky in less than a second! I haven't seen anything like that before! There was something rotating on this object. The craft eventually was lost from our vision by cloud cover."

Thanks to Laurence and to Maj. George A. Filer, Ret., FilersFiles.


According to the web news agency Annanova, the Police office of the Quininde town in Ecuador are investigating reports of a "very small, green and ugly little gnome" seen walking down the street in the town center by a number of residents who called the police.

Marco Preciado told Diario Extra online: "It was less than three feet tall and I saw it three times. I tried to follow him but he disappeared." Cecilia Cedeno who owns a liquor shop, said: "He appeared in front of the shop to a group of people. He gave a loud laugh and run away."

A police spokesperson said: "People are scared and fascinated by the story. We are investigating and we believe it is someone trying to make fun of the whole town."


NUFORC Note: We spoke with this witness and he sounded to us to be quite credible.

Thanks to Peter Davenport, NUFORC.


PHOENIX -- On April 6, 2003, a round object was observed at a high altitude at 4:50 PM, that moved at various speeds, stopping at times, and then changed direction almost at a 90 degree angle. The witness says, "It then gained altitude and reflected the sun’s light. There were no exterior lights and the object moved quickly, slowed and stopped. It made short quick movements then proceeded at a 90 degrees from the original movement at a slow speed. A commercial aircraft heading north passed and the object appeared well above it. About fifteen minutes later I observed a similar object approach from the south that also stopped, then made a sharp 90 degree turn and headed east as did the first object. It slowly passed out of visual range."

Thanks to Peter Davenport, NUFORC Director.


LOS ALAMOS -- The witness reports seeing two F-16's pursue a cigar-shaped object in the skies over Los Alamos, on April 5, 2003, at 12:15 PM. The witness says, "I was outside when I heard the roar of jet engines from Vandenberg Air Force Base, but these were unusually loud. I looked up and saw two low and fast flying F-16's in pursuit of a small cigar-shaped object that was ahead of them by about 500 feet. I watched as they continued to chase the object until they went over the mountains."

Thanks to Peter Davenport, NUFORC, www.ufocenter.com

Webmaster's note: a drone's test flight?


BRIXHAM, DEVON -- We saw something weird over my sister's house on April 5, 2003, while sitting outside drinking and chatting. It was dark, but very clear at 9:20 PM. We were spotting planes and satellites going over. I noticed something moving south - so I said, "There's another one, but that's not a satellite," -- It grew in brightness gradually over a period of ten seconds, becoming brighter than Jupiter, which was also in the sky. This phenomena lasted for five more seconds before it gradually faded in brightness and shot upwards at great speed in a Star Trek warp style. Andy, Charlie and Mother saw it too.

Thanks to Nick and Maj. George A. Filer, Ret., FilersFiles.


On saturday, April 5, 2003, at 11:15 P.M., at Marsannay-la-Côte close to Dijon, France, Patrick Combes and his older brother reported the observation of five small lines of red light with an orange and yellow point in the middle of each "object." The observation had a 20 seconds duration approximately, under a starlit night without the moon nor clouds. The witnesses estimated that the colors were quite sharp and that the altitude was "close to that of a plane of the Boeing type," and their travel speed "Very, very fast."

The younger (aged 20) wrote:

"Then, after the broadcast ended, my brother went out on the terrace to have a cigarette. One minute later, he called me loudly, but I did not react because I thought he wanted to make a joke. He called me again, wanted me to hurry."

"Then I went out very quickly. He asked me to look into the sky in a northerly direction, and then I saw five lights which I consider five identical objects. Because these five 'objects' moved very fast, around each other, mixing them like a swarm of bees. But they remained grouped, going away northwards."

The elder (aged 30) wrote:

"I was smoking a cigarette, then I saw a small light in the sky. I initially believed that it was a plane, but when I looked at it again, I saw five (5) lights coming from the East, which moved towards the west. They moved by jerks, then formed a triangle. They gathered, and arrived near the center of the sky (note: from his point of view), they moved towards North (ndrl: at this moment, his younger brother (20), arrived on the terrace to observe the phenomenon with him). During this observation, it made no noise. It was the first time that my brother and I observe such a phenomenon."

"I want to add that we went thought the list of objects we knew after this observation: thus we are certain that they were not planes, helicopters, space debris of some sort (considering their strange trajectories), reflections, confusion with stars (because it had nothing to do with stars), or satellites."

Source http://lejournaldelufologie.free.fr/2003/avril/dijon/index.htm


LONDON -- Driving eastbound at 8 PM, on the 401 towards London on April 4, 2003, the witness saw a blue sphere appear in the sky, that accelerated towards the ground behind the treeline. There was a visible blue streak which trailed the sphere that appeared to crash. Following this, the area of the sky where the object 'crashed' was illuminated in a blue light for several seconds. It could very well have been some type of meteor, but the fact that there was this blue light associated with the object and the illumination of the sky made the event quite strange. This event occurred during a barrage of freezing rain, which hampered visibility. I seem to only remember two or three other cars on the road at the time.

Thanks to Peter Davenport, NUFORC, www.ufocenter.com


ALOHA -- A couple was at pulling their car up to a store at 6:35 PM, on April 4, 2003, when the wife asked, "What is that?" The husband did not see the object. The object was about 10,000 feet high and just above a large section of blue sky with lots of clouds. The wife said, "I saw a large sphere, about the size of an eraser held at arm’s length, that was extremely bright, and seemed metallic; it dove in an arc into a cloud at a speed much faster than anything I have ever seen before. We got out of the car and looked for several more minutes, but nothing else happened."

Thanks to George A. Filer, filersfiles.com


CONCORD -- Three friends were on their way to a party on April 4, 2003, at about 10 PM, when the driver swerved off the road and drove into a parking lot shouting, "Look up." They saw a bright orange circular object, the color of fire flying over. The object wasn’t flying like any aircraft they had ever seen, and was almost hovering. It would move a bit, kind of like a real slow blowing leaf. They reversed out of the parking lot to get a better look, but the object faded and disappeared. They drove around hoping to see it, and spotted the object between some buildings. One witness states, "We all jumped out of the car and saw it again, there is no plane that can fly that far so quick, then just stop and hover." Then the object slowly started flying to the right and all of us were trippen out. My friend used his phone to call friends about the UFO, and I called my parents but there was no answer. I called my girl friend, who could hear my friends freaking out. We then noticed something falling from the UFO. It was dropping big bright orange flame looking things that looked like sparks from a campfire, but real big. It would drop 4 to 6 of these sparks, then stop for a second, and then continue on dropping things. The sparks were almost the same size as the UFO, and I thought it might be part of the war. The UFO kept flying and dropping things from it, as it began to fade or disappear. After a few seconds it reappeared, but was not as bright."

Thanks to George A. Filer, filersfiles.com, and Peter Davenport, NUFORC

Webmaster's notes: See the next report, for the same event obviously, and keep in mind the famous "candles on a stick under a plastic bag" trickery...


CONCORD -- The witness was driving northeast on Detroit Avenue on April 4, 2003, when the he noticed an unusual illuminated object in the sky at 3:05 AM. It was a dim reddish orange "natural" color like that of a dim fire. It didn’t appear to be illuminated by artificial light. It would slow down and change directions like nothing I know of, except a helicopter but helicopters are loud, and there was no sound coming from this thing. I pulled over and it was gone. So we drove around looking for it. We got out of the car and observed the object that was heading in our direction about a mile north of us. I began calling family and friends but no one could see it. I concluded the object was much closer than we thought and couldn’t have been much bigger than the average jet. The object began dropping some sort of laminated debris over the city. The debris looked as if it was on fire or illuminated as well but it appeared to go out before it hit the ground. But it was rhythmically dropping debris for the duration of at least a minute, every two seconds. This excited me! What was it dropping? It was actually pretty scary and exciting! It passed where we were and finally faded out into the sky like a campfire would go out. This object looked almost "organic". It was very bizarre."

Thanks to George A. Filer, filersfiles.com, and Peter Davenport, NUFORC

Webmaster's notes: See the previous report, for the same event obviously, and keep in mind the famous "candles on a stick under a plastic bag" trickery...


ISLE OF PALMS -- The observer had recently purchased new 20 X 60 binoculars and a tripod adapter and was getting use to the magnification power for star gazing on April 4, 2003. She was focusing on some of the brightest stars at 3:05 AM, when three "stars" moved horizontally in formation across the viewing field. After they moved out of view, he looked and realized they were quite visible without his binoculars. She says, "Using the binoculars I could actually see a dark silhouette of a triangular craft and watched it move for three minutes until the silhouette began to be difficult to discern, and it stopped." She states, "I noticed the outline of a HUGE circle and like the triangle, the darker black image was visible against the background of the pretty dark night sky." Without binoculars, the perimeter of the object was indicated by a circular nonmoving formation of lights, with one very bright light in the center. An average star-like intensity light was down and left of the center light. Also visible without binoculars, was a circle of lights inside the larger circle. The front light of the triangle seemed to be a part of that circle, while the two rear lights of the triangle made up two of the ten lights of the perimeter of the circle. She reports, "It was as if the flying triangle had moved into the pie shape, filling in one of the wedges. As I stood there, trying to make sense of it all, clouds moved in obscuring the sky. The observer graduated magna cum laude from college, is successfully self-employed and is a great mother."

Thanks to Peter Davenport, NUFORC. Reporting Hotline: (206) 722-3000


WINDSOR -- On April 3, 2003, an object was seen that kept changing shape from round to cigar shaped, then almost like a diamond shape. It then split apart and then came back together at 11:59 PM. "It started as two objects after circling a military jet. I have about 122 digital pictures of the jet and UFOs. I contacted the Air Force, described what I saw and they said no type of aircraft like that exists. The military jet after being circled rather quickly by them made a very sharp turn. This occurred in the middle of the day. We are in a rather remote area in a wooded hills near the Pennsylvania border. The object made no sound. The radio was on and the AM band got static for a few minutes as the object flew near."

Thanks to Peter Davenport, NUFORC director.


PORTLAND - The witness was driving on a road in a wooded area on April 3, 2003, just outside of the city with his girlfriend, when they both observed strange and unusual lights in the sky just off the road at 12:46 AM. The witness states, "The lights were on an object like I have never seen before in my life just hovering in the sky. There were three bright lights with one light on each corner of what ever it was, making the shape of what appeared to look like a flying triangle. I pulled my vehicle over to the side of the road to observe it further. We witnessed the triangle for about five minutes. The object had no sound what so ever and thought this to be very strange. I'm also aware of a military base in the area and it could be possible that they were testing something."

Thanks to Peter Davenport, NUFORC, www.ufocenter.com


The witness emails on April 4, 2003:


I discovered your web site this Friday April 4, 2003, by carrying out a search on google using "ovnis", wishing to document me in relation to an observation carried out yesterday in the night. I was always very skeptic about the UFO phenomenon. But I observed a peculiar object yesterday. I have no particular knowledge neither in aeronautics, nor in meterology and so I may have considered as "anomalous" a conventional object or a machine.

1. Facts

This Friday, at about 0.15, I leave the town of HUY (Belgium) driving my car. I crossed the Père Pire bridge (the Meuse), and takes the road which goes up towards Couthuin, Heron and Waret l'Evêque, which crosses motorway E42 that I take later.

Leaving the valley of the Meuse, arrived on the plate, I observe a luminous point which may perfectly correspond to a plane in the distance, in the sky, on my line. Two kilometers further, this luminous point lost altitude and continued to move slowly. No anomaly, this could be a plane preparing its landing approach on the track of the airport of Bierset (Liege), characterized by an important night traffic by the express mail company "TNT".

I then cross a small hamlet. The sinuosity of the road requires my attention, while the houses hide my side vision during two kilometers. When I arrive at the crossing with the motorway, the luminous point passed on my left and had become an object of which I am unable to define the shape (dark night), but characterized by at least six luminous points, at least white and blue, some of the points are blinking.

I leave the road, and engage on the motorway E42 (exit #8) in direction of Namur. Having taken my cruising speed on a rectilinear part of the road, I take the time to observe again. The object approached. It flies at a distance which I estimate to be between 500m and 1 km, and an altitude of 200 to 300m. Its shape is still undefineable to me. The luminous points flicker (white and blue).

I slow down regularly (from 130 to 60 km/h) and have the impression - only the impression - that the object does it too, while still approaching. I estimate it to be at 100m of altitude. I then arrive at exit #10 (Andenne) which I decide to take, in order to stop on a cross-road to observe the phenomenon.

The operation takes me 30 seconds, during which I lose sight of the object (exit strap, passage under the motorway). Being in position of observation, the object moved away. It had become again an enlightened single point, at good distance, and has begun again to take altitude (in about thirty seconds).

2. Risks of errors on my part

I do not have aeronautical knowledge, I am not a pilot and O am not familiar with the variety of flying objects of metereologic type.

3. Verified facts

31. I was sober;

32. As already stated above, I am a ufo-skeptic, but not close-minded and thus perplexed with what I saw;

33. A colleague, having his pilot licence certified to me that there was no landing place accessible by night at the place where I saw the object within 100 - 200m of altitude;

34. He confirmed to me that the blue color does not correspond to any regulatory lights on any plane.

That's it, I make testimony for whatever purpose it may serve to you and mayb with the hope that you would have one or the other explanation provide?

The name that I use is not my real name. Taking into account my professional function and the risks of indiscretion on the internet (search engines) I rather not communicate my true identity.


"Guenter Slachmann"


On April 2, 2003, Patricia F. and her companions were hiking along the Kaibab Trail at the Grand Canyon in northern Arizona. She reports, "We were taking a night hike and we heard a loud noise in the sky. We did not know what it was. Then we looked up and saw the mysterious mothership. It was glowing bright blue, and we were terrified."

"Then there was a flash of light, and the object split in two. Then the objects headed in different directions. One piece headed west and one east. The initial object was huge, and it was cone-shaped, but the ends were rounded. It was three miles up and it was going at 70 miles per hour. We were too scared to even think about it. This is the first time that we've reported it."

Thanks to Joe Trainor, UFOroundup, (Email Form Report).


CARLISLE -- On April 2, 2003, a flying triangle with a light in each corner was seen at 9:45 PM, about six miles outside of Carlisle. The observer states, "I was star gazing and looked toward the Big Dipper when I saw a small cluster of shooting stars that I followed for about ten seconds, when suddenly to my amazement a UFO appeared low overhead." It was triangular in shape with three large round lights, one in each corner of the craft. I watched it silently glide south across the sky for thirty seconds. I believe I saw several UFOs enter our atmosphere, but I only viewed one craft close up. Make no mistake about this, the craft was too low to be anything other than a UFO, and I could not take my eyes off the one I was looking at. The lights were not bright and were dimmed so as not to draw attention. However, they were clearly visible and showed the triangular shape of the black craft.

Merci à Peter Davenport, NUFORC. Reporting Hotline: (206) 722-3000


"A mare turned up dead in Argentina with mutilations on its jawbone. No traces of blood were found nearby, according to the Circulo Ovniologico Riocuartense," a UFO research group. "The incisions performed on the tissue were perfectly cauterized."

"The animal belonged to a livestock rancher named Daniel Godoy, whose property is located 7 kilometers southeast of the town of Villa Valeria in the Cordoba province, some 120 kilometers southeast of Rio Cuarto on Route 35, which links Cordoba to La Pampa."

"Initial information states that the animal did not suffer from any illnesses whatsoever beyond a slight hip problem. Police from Villa Valeria responded to the scene. However, no report whatsoever has been produced to date."

Muchas gracias a Scott Corrales y Mario Luis Bracamonte para eso informe.

Feedback  |  Top  |  Back  |  Forward  |  Map  |  List |  Home

This page was last updated on June 14, 2003