Mailbag -> Homeclick!

Cette page en franšaisCliquez!

The underwater cases:

Russian underwater encounters:

Submarine encounters in Issik Kul Lake:

Researcher Paul Stonehill writes that there are numerous Soviet accounts of strange objects beneath the surface of the sea. In the summer of 1982, Mark Shteynberg, along with Lt. Colonel Gennady Zverev, were conducting periodic training of the reconnaissance divers ("frogmen") of the Turkestan and Central Asian military regions. The training exercises had been taking place at the Issik Kul Lake, a deep-water lake in the Transiliysk Ala Tau area. Quite unexpectedly the officers were paid a visit by Major-General V. Demyanko, commander of the Military Diver Service of the Engineer Forces of the Ministry of Defense. He arrived to inform the local officers of an extraordinary event the had occurred during exercises in Siberia. Frogmen had encountered mysterious underwater swimmers, very human-like, but huge in size (almost three meters in height)! The swimmers were clad in tight-fitting silvery suits, despite icy-cold water temperatures. At the depth of fifty meters, these "swimmers" were not wearing aqualungs, but sphere-like helmets concealing their heads.

Alarmed by these encounters the local military commander decided to capture one of the creatures. With that purpose in mind, a special group of seven Soviet frogmen chased one of the strange swimmers. As the Soviet frogman tried to cover the creature with a net, the entire group was thrown out of the deep waters to the surface by a powerful force. The frogmen were in danger of dying because they needed decompression stops to equalize the pressure in their bodies. All of the members of the ill-fated expedition were stricken by decompression sickness known as the Caisson disease. The only remedial treatment available was to place them in a decompression pressure chamber. Unfortunately, the closest one could handle only two persons. Four frogmen were put in the chamber and three perished, and the rest became invalids.

The Major General rushed to Issik Kul to warn against similar "devil-may-care" actions. Although the Issik Kul Lake is more shallow than the Baikal Lake, both lakes contained similar mysterious creatures. A short time later, the Turkmenistan Military received an order from the Commander-in-Chief of the Land Forces. The order consisted of detailed analysis of the Baikal Lake events. The documents contained bulletins from Engineer Forces listing appearances of underwater creatures in numerous lakes, giant discs and spheres coming in and out of the lakes, and powerful lights emanating from the deep, etc. The documents were highly classified and were used, "to prevent unnecessary encounters." Shteynberg served near the Sarez Lake in the Pamir Mountains. The lake was roughly a kilometer and a half deep. Sophisticated radar "tracking" of US SDI satellites was conducted in this area. The radar repeatedly tracked disc like objects diving and submerging into Sarez Lake, later they surfaced and lifted off.

Documentation will come up:

The Russian Ufology Research Center's files contain similar statements of Naval officers and intelligence operatives. The most interesting information will be published in the new book, co-authored by Paul Stonehill and Philip Mantle.

The secret files of the Soviet Navy contain much valuable information on UFO sightings. Soviet military researchers are quite thorough. Mr. Krapiva, attended lectures by Soviet submariners who reported contact with high speed underwater objects picked up on Soviet sonar. Hydroacoustics technicians were, "hearing" (at great depths) strange "targets". Their submarines were actually being chased by other "submarines." The pursuers changed their speed at will -- speeds that were much faster than any other similar vessel in the world. Lieutenant-Commander Oleg Sokolov informed his students that while he was on duty during his submarine's navigation, he had observed through a periscope the ascent of a strange object through the water and "Take off," during the 1960s.

Russian Navy cases:

Professor Korsakov of the Odessa University reported Soviet officers from Sevastopol Naval Base had observed and photographed a UFO ascend from behind a battle cruiser in the Black Sea in the 1950s. In August 1965, a crew of the steamship RADUGA, while navigating in the Red Sea, saw a fiery sphere dash out from under the water. As the sphere emerged from the sea it created a gigantic pillar of water as it ascended upwards. The pillar collapsed some moments later. The sphere was sixty meters in diameter, and hovered 150 meters above the ship illuminating the sea. In December 1977, not far from South Georgia Island the crew of the fishing trawler, VASILY KISELEV, observed a doughnut-shaped object rising out of the sea. Its diameter was between 300 and 500 meters causing the trawler's radar to stop operating. The object hovered over the area for three hours, and then suddenly disappeared.

In June of 1984, seaman Alexander G. Globa, from the Soviet tanker GORI was in the Mediterranean, twenty miles from the Straight of Gibraltar. At 16:00, Globa was on duty. With him was Second-in-Command S. Bolotov. They were standing watch at 1600 hours when both men observed a strange polychromatic object. When the object was astern, it stopped suddenly. S. Bolotov was agog, shaking his binoculars and shouting: "It is a flying saucer, a real saucer, my God, hurry, hurry, look!" Globa looked through his own binoculars and saw, at a distance over the stern, a flattened out looking that looked like an upside-down frying pan. The UFO was gleaming with a grayish metallic shine.

The lower portion of the craft had a precise round shape of about twenty meters. Around the lower portion of it, Globa also observed "waves" of protuberances on the outside plating. The base of the object's body consisted of two semi-discs, the smaller being on top; they slowly revolved in opposing directions. At the circumference of the lower disc Globa saw numerous shining, bright, bead-like lights. The bottom portion of the UFO appeared completely even and smooth, it's color that of a yolk, and in the middle of it Globa discerned a round nucleus-like stain. At the edge of the UFO's bottom, which was easily visible, was something that looked like a pipe. It glowed with an unnaturally bright, rosy color, like a neon lamp. The top of the middle disc was crowned by a triangular-shaped something. It seemed that it moved in the same direction as the lower disc, but at a much slower pace.

Suddenly, the UFO jumped up several times, as if moved by an invisible wave. Many lights illuminated it's bottom portion. The crew of GORI tried to attract the object's attention using a signal projector. By that time, Captain Sokolovky was on the desk with his men. He and his Second-in-Command were watching the object intensely. However, the UFO's attention was distracted by another ship, approaching at the port side. It was an Arab dry cargo ship, on its way to Greece. The Arabs confirmed that the object hovered over their ship. A minute and a half later the object changed it's flight's trajectory, listed to the right, gained speed and ascended rapidly. The Soviet seamen observed that when it rose through the clouds, appearing and disappearing again, it would occasional shine in the sun's rays. The craft then flared up, like a spark, and was gone instantly.


Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict

 Feedback  |  Top  |  Back  |  Forward  |  Map  |  List |  Home
This page was last updated on April 21, 2001.