Cette page en franšais

News and observation reports, January 2004:

Some of the UFO observations and ufology news in January 2004 are listed on this page. Please note that these are not studies, but second hand observation reports, although mostly obtained from reliable and well known sources.


The AFP (Agence France Presse) Mipunto office in Mexico announced that two technicians of the Mexican aviation, allegedly captured UFOS on video camera on Saturday, January 31, 2004.

These UFOs were supposed to have flown above the capital in the evening at several times, and the technicians Alfonso Salazar and El Salvador Guerrero announced to the press to have seen them and have filmed them from a hangar near the terminals when they flew over the International Airport of the City of Mexico City (AICM).

The technicians say they have seen them on three occasions separated by three hours, and fifteen minutes. The first time was with at local time of 01:20 P.M. (19:20 GMT), when 6 objects flew in an inverted "J" formation. Then at 22:00 GMT, they saw an object in the shape of a tube, and at 22:55 GMT they taped a spherical object.

The technicians indicated, "We were in the zone of hangars and at the moment we saw the first six UFOs in the sky and began to record until the last one appeared (...) The speed at which they disappeared was instantaneous, and all of them were more or less at a height of 12,000 feet"

But the spokesman of the AICM, Jose Luis Uribe, diminished the alleged UFOs, indicating that "normally this type of visions usually happens by a decomposition of the light rays that creates inexplicable phenomena."

Air controllers and some pilots consulted by the AFP in the airport indicated, on the other hand, that in diverse occasions "unidentified objects in the sky are routinely seen" and that "these cannot be caught by the radars."


On Wednesday, January 28, 2004, Sandeep Chau was outdoors at his home in Bhatwadi, near Smashan Bhumi, Ghatkopar, in the west end of Mumbai (formerly Bombay-- J.T.), India's largest city, at 7:40 p.m. when he looked up and saw "an unusual light travelling from west to east."

"It was looking like a star but not blinking and was moving erratically. It disappeared after three seconds," Sandeep reported, "The same thing happened three times within 15 minutes at different locations in the sky. It is confirmed that it was not a shooting star, and it was not like a normal aeroplane. On this day, the sky was clear, and we should have been able to see it up in that area of the sky. It was very high and travelling smoothly."

The witness reported this via email to UFOroundup.

Thanks to Joe Trainor, UFOroundup.


GREENSBORO - A couple was out on their deck watching how the jet stream was affecting the speed and direction of airplanes in the sky on January 24, 2004, at 3:30 PM. They were watching one plane flying east and one plane flying west and remarking how much the speed was affected. They saw an extremely bright disc shaped object in the sky over the PTI airport at a high altitude. The only thing to compare it to was how Venus has appeared recently in the night sky. The witness states, "My girlfriend thought it must be a star and I remarked that it could possibly be Venus. As we watched, the object appeared to be getting closer. At the time there were at least six airplanes visible in the sky and each one was leaving a vapor trail behind it.

"This object was leaving no trail and appeared to be coming straight down vertically and not horizontally like the airplanes. The object suddenly seemed to shift direction and begin to move straight up into the sky. It was getting smaller, but was still incredibly bright. A small cloud passed in front of the object, but the object was still clearly visible through the cloud, when suddenly it just blinked out. When the cloud passed, nothing was there anymore, leaving us at a loss for what it could have been. The cloud was small, and there was no way it could have gone in any direction but straight up, without us seeing where it went."

Thanks to Peter Davenport, www.ufocenter.com, and George Filer, Filersfiles.


A tall, extremely thin, humanoid alien was spotted on North Hagen Road in Manchester, Indiana on Saturday, January 24, 2004, at 7:30 p.m.

According to ufologist Kenny Young, "a 17-year-old motorist traveling about 10 miles (16 kilometers) north of Aurora, Indiana (population 3,965) at night claims to have encountered an unusual 'figure' in the roadway."

"The witness lives in Manchester, Ind. and is a senior at South Dearborn High School. He has one sister enrolled in college and lives at home with his mother and father," Kenny reported.

"While driving his black, two-door 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier southbound along North Hagen Road, a 'figure' was spotted in the headlights of the automobile as it was crouched down near a puddle of water. From the driver's perspective, the 'figure' was spotted out of the windshield on the right side of the car."

"'I passed it and looked in the rear-view mirror,' he said."

"After passing the frail-looking figure, the driver looked into his rear-view mirror and again observed-- illuminated by the tail lights of his car--what he described as a tall, abnormal figure that moved strangely with pointed joints (elbows, knees and heels--J.T.) that 'buckled out.' He estimated that the 'figure' stood about 6 feet, 7 inches tall."

"'I don't know what it was,' he said, 'It had protruding joints and moved very strangely.'"

"The driver said he was able to ascertain (that) the figure, alleged to be dark gray or black and 'pencil thin,' stood up and took several steps toward the woods along the roadside."

"The 'figure' definitely walked on two legs and was thought, somehow, to be male, although no clothing was observed. No face or eyes could be seen, but the witness had the impression that the 'figure' was looking straight at him."

"The driver continued on for a small distance after passing the figure and finally put on his brakes, coming to a stop at an estimated 'two-minute' walking distance from the location of the sighting. He looked back to further observe the entity."

"At this point, a second car came into view," approaching from the south, "and then reached the spot on the road where the 'figure' was thought to be. The 17- year-old motorist reportedly watched closely" as the second car swerved at that spot. "Then the car turned around and pulled up beside him on the grass."

"An elderly couple was in the car, both of them in their late 60s or early 70s. The (male) driver, who wore glasses, said, 'Boy, did you see something back there? I'll tell you right now--that was no person.'"

"'It was no person,'" the female in the front passenger seat said, "'It was no man.'"

"The elderly couple were reportedly 'spooked' but offered to follow the first witness down North Hagen Road to his destination at a friend's house." There "he called home to tell his mother of the encounter, advising her to lock her doors," and then called his uncle.

Kenny Young interviewed the uncle, Jerry Schedel, who "traveled to the area with his wife some 90 minutes later but did not see anything."

"'I have no explanation for what that thing was,' Schedel said, 'I think it must have been some type of alien.'"

Manchester, Ind. is on Route 48 in Dearborn County, about 50 miles (80 kilometers) southeast of Columbus. (Many thanks to Kenny Young for this news story.)

And many thanks to Joe Trainor, UFOroundup, Vol. 9 #5.


DEER PARK - Driving west bound on Long Island Expressway on January 21, 2004, at 5:10 PM, the witness noticed a small reddish globe glowing between the horizon and Venus around 60,000 feet up. It was a clear sky no clouds, the sun was going down and the sky was turning colors. This globe would shine brightly, and streak across (not very far) the sky making a contrail and then stop. The globe that was glowing red to orange would disappear. The contrail that it made would dissipate incredibly fast. Then it appeared again, slightly over from where it disappeared. It made a glow, drew a contrail and disappeared after two minutes.

Thanks to Peter Davenport, www.ufocenter.com, and George Filer, Filersfiles.


Location: Valles de la Silla, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Date: January 16, 2004, time: 0315A

21-year old police officer Leonardo Samaniego Gallegos was patrolling a section of Alamo Street when he observed what appeared to be the figure of a woman totally dressed in a black cloak-like outfit descend from a nearby tree towards his patrol car. She appeared to float towards the car at very high speed. She had large black eyes without any pupils. Terrified he drove away from the area but was chased by the flying apparition. He called for assistance over his police radio. The tree the strange figure descended from was about 6 meters high. The strange flying creature approached the police car and impacted onto the front windshield pushing it inward, apparently trying to get in using what appeared to be large pointy claws at this point Gallegos lost consciousness. In the videotaped interview officer Gallegos describes the eyes and black gown as in the news article but adds the description of a "helmet" or headpiece it was wearing that curved downward to a point at the back of the creature's head. Also, a police officer from Santa Catarina, Jorge Contreras declared that he and two more policemen from the Regia police saw exactly the same flying being that officer Samaniego saw, but three days before. They saw it flying and decided not to say anything---until they heard about Samaniego's case. Norma Alicia Herrera who lives in Colonia La Playa declared in a TV interview that she and her brother also saw the flying humanoid at daytime and that it looked weird. She said that her brother was so stunned by the sighting that he was sick for almost a week afterwards. Another neighbor in that sector also videotaped several days before, a strange flying humanoid and gave the video to the TV station.

Source: Ted Philipps, via John Velez, Abduction Information Center quoting Newspaper sources and Santiago Yturria


Alberto Rosales reports:

"Location. Jordanow, Poland
Date: January 13 2004 Time: 0258A"

"48-year old, L K was lying in bed with his face turned towards the window. Suddenly he woke up with a strange feeling that something odd was happening in the street. He opened his eyes and noticed a ball, which was hanging in the sky. It shone with a white-blue silvery light---like the moon---but it was 2-3 times bigger than the moon. He immediately looked at the clock and noticed the time. He looked around the bedroom and saw his wife and dog sleeping calmly. The witness then felt very dizzy and went to sleep again. That same night he had another strange experience. While in a half-awake state in his bed he heard a strange female voice, which repeated a passage read in an unknown language (the witness is an interpreter and speaks five foreign languages fluently). Feeling afraid he covered his head with a pillow. He immediately checked all the electrical devices in the room but they were all turned off, except for the icebox. His wife and dog again slept calmly. The witness also heard the strange voice the next night."

"HC addendum
Source: Robert K Lesniakiewicz, Poland
Type: F?"


Albert Rosales signals in the 2004 Humanoid Reports To 02-20-04:

"We began the year 2004 with a bizarre encounter in Chile ...."

1. Location. Viluco, Chile

Date: January 5 2004 Time: 0515A

"40-year old driver Juan Berrios was on his on an errand on Santa Filomena Street on his way to Las Vertientes terminal when at about 70 meters in front of his car he noticed a strange figure standing on the middle of the road. He rubbed his eyes and then saw nothing and kept on driving, at about 5 meters away the bizarre figure again appeared. Stunned at what he was seeing Berrios almost lost control of his vehicle as he swerved around the figure almost upending the vehicle. The strange creature had what appeared to be the carcass of a bloodied dog clutched in his jaws. The creature suddenly jumped and disappeared into the brush. Berrios described the creature as about 1.50m in height, with large hind legs like a kangaroo, small curved front arms that ended in claw like protrusions, a spiky dorsal fin on its back, and a tail resembling that of a rattler on a snake. The facial features were also bizarre; it had a wolf-like snout, several sharp rows of teeth, and fierce-looking red eyes. It jumped a height of about 5 meters and disappeared from sight."

"HC addendum
Source: Juan Maulen, quoting La Cuarta Newspaper
January 29 2004 Type: E"


On Sunday, January 4, 2004, at 12:45 a.m., Gary Guerrero reported, he and 25 men and women aged 22 to 34 were at a party in suburban Orange County, California, just south of Los Angeles, when some UFOs approached from the north.

"We were celebrating the New Year, and one of the girls noticed three strange objects in the sky," Gary said, "We came out of the house to see it. I saw, as well as 25 others, this bright object a little bit bigger and brighter than the stars but more yellowish than white. Moved from left to right for about seven minutes. The strange object then stopped for two minutes. Then moved again. It repeated this (maneuver) three or four times."

"We are all adults between 22 and 34 and were at our friends' house for New Year's, so it is not something we are making up."

"There were no civilian airplanes for the entire time. But there is something else that is real important. I heard jet fighters really high in the atmosphere, almost like they were trying to get a better look, but the thing in the sky was so much farther up than the jets. I was in the military for five years, and I have seen some pretty crazy things in the Fort Irwin, California desert and missile launches from Edwards Air Force Base. But this was the most unbelievable thing I have ever seen."

"At the end of the sighting, it abruptly changed direction and shifted the sunlight so that it almost had a square shape to it. I wonder if anyone else could have seen this. I tried to go on the Internet to find info, but no luck!"

(Email Form Report). Thanks to Joe Trainor, UFOroundup, 9-3, www.ufoinfo.com


On Thursday, January 1, 2004, at 1:30 a.m., Mike Morris and Karen Balcam "were standing on the balcony of our hotel (on holiday from UK--M.M. & K.B.) overlooking the beach" in Cancun, Quintana Roo state, Mexico, when Karen spotted something strange in the sky.

"Karen was looking at the southeast part of the sky and drew my attention to what she assumed was a shooting star," Mike reported, "It was moving upwards in a fairly straight line and covering a large distance. We then realised this was no shooting star!"

"It changed direction about three times, sort of zigzagging across the sky at an amazing speed and going from low in the sky to very high up, and going back at a level in an easterly direction," away from the Yucatan peninsula, "then upwards surprisingly fast."

"It's really difficult to explain the enormity of what we saw as it covered about a third of the night sky that was visible to us right over the sea, from about the middle of the sky going upwards. It was just like a star, or the front (landing) light of a plane, but the speed and area covered, plus the sharp changes in direction, were amazing and could not have been executed by anything known to us."

"The whole thing lasted four to five minutes, and we stared at the sky for some time afterward, hoping for another sighting but to no avail -- I guess it was off to another corner of the world in no time!"

(Email Form Report). Thanks to Joe Trainor, UFOroundup, 9-3, www.ufoinfo.com

Feedback  |  Top  |  Back  |  Forward  |  Map  |  List |  Home

This page was last updated on February 28, 2004